PDF problems

SAM_R

I'm not sure why you would want to turn that off. It's not as though you can alter that text. It's a built in function through adobe, so you would have to maybe convert the pdf to a photo and then back?

It depends on a few things such as what version of AutoCAD you are using, what PDF driver you are using, and whether or not you're using TTF or SHX fonts.

The best way is to print to paper and scan to PDF. A lot of work, but ensures that the text and everything else is raster and not vector or even an object.

I think certain PDF drivers can rasterize the entire PDF output, including the text. The "DWG to PDF.pc3" plot configuration file doesn't do it IIRC but could be wrong. I've honestly never looked into it much.

Go into your plotter configuration editor. Under graphics go to custom properties. There is an additional output setting: Include layer information (I'm pretty sure that's what you were asking for)

Go into your plotter configuration editor. Under graphics go to custom properties. There is an additional output setting: Include layer information (I'm pretty sure that's what you were asking for)
Not it, I don't think. Truetype fonts are automatically searcheable in a pdf. been that way for a while. It's one of the reasons they were invented.

If you are using the DWG to PDF.pc3, Go to Properties>Custom Properties, under Font Handling select Capture all and As geometry.

You can also use .shx fonts, they plot as geometry.

No Select Text PDF.jpg

If my clients can't search the text in one of my pdf's their shorts catch fire and then they get on the phone to light mine up.

Not it, I don't think. Truetype fonts are automatically searcheable in a pdf. been that way for a while. It's one of the reasons they were invented.

Thanks Dana. I really was not sure if I was answering correctly. Thank you for clarifying. Just an added note I have attached two photos to clarify what I was trying to show. The president of our firm hates when we PDF files and send them to the client with the layer information on.

Screenshot_2015-07-08-07-55-49.jpg

Screenshot_2015-07-08-07-54-52.jpg

Without a doubt, stamped drawings should not be sent with layer information.

However, there is value in it for coordination.

Without a doubt, stamped drawings should not be sent with layer information.

However, there is value in it for coordination.

Absolutely agree with you 100% One thing that may be helpful is that if a layer was left on that did not need to be it can be easily turned off and saved opposed to creating a new PDF (not that it isn't easy and doesn't take long to do so)

The president of our firm hates when we PDF files and send them to the client with the layer information on.

Is that supposed to be a new topic, because I don't see anything else in this thread regarding layers in PDF files.

You can prevent layers from being included in your output PDF's.

Is that supposed to be a new topic, because I don't see anything else in this thread regarding layers in PDF files.

You can prevent layers from being included in your output PDF's.

If you read the post I took the OP as covering the topic of text. I comprehended it as not wanting the layers in the DWG to PDF.

Thanks Dana. I really was not sure if I was answering correctly. Thank you for clarifying. Just an added note I have attached two photos to clarify what I was trying to show. The president of our firm hates when we PDF files and send them to the client with the layer information on.

[ATTACH]54828[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]54829[/ATTACH]

Yeah, we do not do that unless it's asked for, with the exception of previously approved drawings. In the case of approved drawings,the layer info is never included. The last thing I want is for some sneaky sub to be able to manipulate layers and submit my work as theirs with a stamp already on them.

Excellent Excellent point Dana!! I've said it before, I'll say it again. Love this site! Nothing but great stuff.