Bently Vs Autodesk

bennyboy86

Hi all,

so looking at getting back into using prosteel, used to use it years ago.

had a look a while ago and noticed now there is pro concrete also.

looking now and noticed autodesk has there own versions.

so looking for opinions.

Prosteel vs advanced steel

Proconcrete vs advanced concrete

or maybe something else.

trying to download trial versions on the autodesk versions but internet not working and cant find links for bently products yet.

thanks in advanced.

I am currently just starting to use ProSteel (the Autocad based one, not the Microstation one).

There are a lot of good things for sure, and the main reason we are switching to it, is because of the automagic drawing generation.

When we all took the basic and detailing courses, in February, our instructor said that he personally prefered using the Autodesk based ProSteel plugin version over the Microstation ProSteel version.

We are just getting into our first new project with ProSteel now, have a few more after that queued up, I will enjoy the ease with which the fabrication drawings will be generated, but miss feeling proud of how good I could make them look, as they definitely look more software generated, and less human.

Being reasonably conversant with Autocad, I would probably enjoy using their new versions, but I can't comment on these latest generation ones.

I suspect they have contracted use of some of the Bentley programming to deliver the sheet goods.

Edited by Dadgad

For software downloads you must first complete a profile. Start here...http://selectservices.bentley.com/en-US/

A friend of mine uses Advanced Steel (which was recently bought up by Autodesk IIRC) and from what he says it's the cat's meow. Looks like there's a free trial on Autodesk's website.

For software downloads you must first complete a profile. Start here...http://selectservices.bentley.com/en-US/

thank will do that

Have a look at Aussie product Strucplus may not go as far as the others but might suit you.

will check it out

• 10 months later...
For me Bentley is more perfect

And which version might that be? What features make it "more perfect"? Please be specific.