Civils 3D Sample Lines to boundary

dcc

Hi all

I have been a long time lurker on here getting almost all of the information I need with just a little searching and reading, so thank you for that.

I do have a query though!

When creating sample lines I am given the option of the width (left and right) from my alignment, which is fine, however I would like to have varying widths - to the boundary of my surface (which I am sampling from).

I know I can drag the individual sample lines to the border, but as I am sampling a 1100m road survey every 5m, this really isn't an option

Annoyingly I am sure I have done this before, but I cannot for the life of me remember how!

Please could somebody advise!

Thanks

Dan

Welcome to CADTutor.

Rather than modifying both sides of each-and-every-single Sample Line, consider instead simply making them all wide enough to encompass the surface - the resultant Section Views will only display the existing Surface sampled to the extent of same, and the Section View's can be modified to the appropriate width (for each side) as needed.

Cheers

Thanks for your reply

I was hoping to avoid that to keep the cross section sizes to a minimum.

but it that's the only way then so be it!

Not quite sure if this is going to answer you question. When ever we have roads that have a variable right-of-way i put an alignment on the edge of pavement and tell civil to pull to the alignment. This way you do not need to move each individual piece. Hope this helps.