Laptop delima.

nidhi singhania

Hello, can some one please help me, by suggesting a good laptop for an Interior Designer (in India) !

I use software's like msoffice , autocad, 3ds max, Photoshop, sketchup, Maya ,etc.

Willing to spend arround Rs. 50,000 - Rs. 60,000 (Indian Rupees) as of now.

Your sincere suggestions are welcome.

Kindly help me out, tried to search on internet but was finally confused.:unsure:

Start by using the specs for the one piece of software you feel will put the most demands on a system and work up from there.

If the conversion rate is correct 60,000 Indian rupees is about $945 U.S. or 861 Euro. Personally I would call that a "budget" laptop and something a person would use for 2D work and maybe some light 3D but not much more.

For basic specs I think an Intel Core i7, 64-bit would be the place to start. A solid state drive would be nice along with 8-12GB of RAM and a dedicated graphics card.

What laptops are available in India? Lenovo? Dell? Other?

Does your budget include the cost of shipping or is that separate?

Well, in my budget, I'm getting Intel core i5.

In here, we get, Asus, Dell, Hp, Lenovo, apple, etc.

$800-$900 is inclusive of all charges, moreover, I am not keen to buy laptop online, I will probable be going to the particular brand store .

Actually what problem I am facing is, the machine which has good resolution Dsnt has good RAM, I mean something or the other goes missing.

So kind of confused.

What do you consider to be "good resolution"?

Maybe you should think about increasing your budget. Have you looked at the Similar Threads listed below? This topic has been covered many times over.

By good resolution, I mean, as I am into 3d rendering, it should have a decent display etc. And as per what I have searched, people tend to emphasize on good resolution , speed etc.

My budget is fixed, can't increase it furthur.:(

I don't see resolution as being a problem. Even a budget laptop with an onboard graphics chip should be able to achieve a resolution of 1920x1080.

Can you possibly suggest me with some laptop model !! Keeping all the specifications,budget and use in consideration.

:glare:

I have already said, I have already gone through the posts and now I am confused.

Anyways, thanks.

That's entirely up to you. The place to start is by comparing specs between two laptops. I'm sure you can find several Intel Core i5 laptops with a minimum of 8GB of RAM. Start looking.

If it were me I'd look for laptops that have specs that come close to those of the Xi PowerGo available at Xi Computers. These guys make computers specifically geared towards AutoCAD users.

http://www.xicomputer.com/products/welcome.asp?content=notebooks&microsite

I bought a Lenovo Y50 from Amazon as a CAD computer, not the most high end computer, but it gets the job done. You can get the Y50 in varying models to fit your budget. (i.e. Slower Processor, Touchscreen or not, etc. )

I don't use AutoCAD as occupation, just as a hobby now.

• 1 month later...

nidhi - Way at the bottom of the page there are some similar threads related to the topic you posted.

There is a dark blue bar "Similar Threads".

"My New laptop"

"New Laptop"

"Laptop - will AC run?"

"CAD Laptop"

"Need a new laptop"

I just bought a new-ish Dell M6600 with 16 GB RAM and Windows 7, 450GB hard drive. I paid about $450.00 off of eBay. They refer to these types of laptops as "workstations".

It doesn't have an Office Suite. I may try Oracle Open Office.

I have an old NFR licensed copy of ACAD 2002. It still works great. I plan to try it out. I may make an XP partition.