Linking Page/plot setups to dynamic block - Lookup table

yonderbob

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone knows if it is possible to link page setups with to my dynamic block lookup table.

What i currently have, is a dymanic block that holds all my paper formats with the correct logo and information on them. It works with 2 parameters for x and y that are linked to a lookup table that have the correct size for A0 to A4.

Now what i want to achieve is that when i select the block size i want, that also the page setup/plotter settings change to the correct paper size withing autocad's layout and plotter settings.

I already made different page setups with the correct plotter and settings but i can't seem to link them to the dynamic block.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on other ways to achieve the same result?

Thanks in advance,

YB

I'm not sure a dynamic block is the way to do this. I would use a drawing template with multiple layouts. The layouts could then be imported with everything you need. Maybe a combination of the two methods would work for you.

Well the issue is, that i don't want to have alot of layouts everytime you start a new drawing. My template just has 1 layout, with that block inside.

You didn't way that was your starting template. I'm not sure it is possible to link the page set-up to a setting within a dynamic block.

Why not just have the named page set-ups reside in the template and apply the appropriate one?

I want to make my life easier in every way i can. deleting 10+ layouts everytime to keep the one i want is not what i want to do everytime.

Plus i'm also verry curious as to if this is possible or not :).

I'm not saying to have multiple layouts in your starting template, just the page set-ups. The set-up can be applied to the layout once it is determined which one to use. I am only suggesting it, if it is determined that dynamic blocks are not capable.

The method with multiple layouts works, if you want to import a pre-set layout tab into a file. That template would not be your starting one. It would be in addition to it. You would only pull from it the one you need.