Hi,

We're using AutoCAD LT 2013 and we simply want to plot some electrical drawings provided by one of our manufacturers in black and white only.

When viewing the drawings on screen it shows all different colours used for different layers (I think), when we try plotting in black and white the yellows and blues come out grey. Same thing happens when we try to Publish as a PDF.

Is there a way to change the entire drawing to black without individually selecting each line?

Thanks in advance

Brad

Are you plotting with the Grayscale.ctb or the monochrome.ctb?

Grayscale will result in a lighter shade for lighter line colors. Try momochrome if that is the case.

This is something we tried before and it didnt work, but I've just tried it again now and it has worked. Very weird, but thank you for your response

Not so finicky, simply insure that the "Plot with Plotsyles" box has been checked once you have selected the proper plotstyle, ie monochrome.ctb, or any other ctb(Plotstyle table).

The same applies if you are using *.stb plotstyles too.

I have just found another file from a different manufacturer that is also in colour and this one I definitely cant print in just black and white.

When I go to plot it has "monochrome.stb" as a plotstyle but not "monochrome.ctb". I opened the plot style manager and the only colour listed was black for the .stb style. Whereas when I open the .ctb style it has 200+ colours all set to plot as black.

Can I either add the .ctb style as an option somehow or modify my .stb file to enable just black and white plotting? Or is there an alternative?

Thanks again

Brad

Thank you very much for your help. CONVERTPSTYLES worked perfectly!

CONVERTCTB gave me a few options but I wasn't really sure what I was doing with it and couldn't get it to do what I wanted it to.

Thanks also to the previous responders