Pasting Surfaces with Boundaries

khalchin

I have two surfaces. An EG Surf and a Surveyed Surf. I need to splice the surveyed surf into the EG. The EG is much bigger than the Survey and etirely covers the survey surf.

I want the two surfaces to tie in/splice together smoothly. So I thought I would add a 20' or 50' buffer around the survey surf between it and the EG where the two surfaces could gradually tie together instead of sharp changes to connect them.

To do this I offset the survey surf border by 50' as a polyline and use that as a hide boundary for the EG surf. Then pasted both into a new blank surface.

But instead of tying together in the new surface there is just a 50' gap/hole in between them.

Any thoughts?

Welcome to CADTutor.

In your empty surface, try first pasting the EG surface, and then paste the Survey surface... The level of splicing 'smoothly' is a result of how different, complex, etc. the two surfaces are.

Cheers