First click doesn't work for line, copy, move, text commands

Hi there,

Hopefully someone can help me solve this out. I did search for the solution from google only found some user having the same issue with me but don't have any solution yet.

AutoCAD version 2016

Window 8.1

Laptop : Brand New Laptop

Clicking problem for many commands:

Line command: I have to click twice to specify the FIRST point

Copy & move commands: I have to click twice, or even three times, to select the object to be copied/moved, especially if I am using window selection, not direct selection

Text command: I have to click four times to get out of my text command and edit another text, and have to click twice to specify the start point of the text.

**P/S : This clicking problem will not appeared if work slowy.

Example: after you enter the command and select the line after 1.25 second. If you select the line within 1 second, you have to reclick 1 or 2 more times.

Thank you.

Edited by Gin

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RobDraw

• VBVB

• ReMark

• Gin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This behaviour is the same if you start a brand new drawing with nothing in it?

I just tried it in my autocad 2016 and I get no delays here, but you are not the first I have seen with this problem in 2016..

If you have Quick Properties, have you tried turning if off?

If you have Dynamic Input on, have you tried turning it off?

(both of these can be found on the status bar at the bottom right)

Have you tried different settings on Hardware Acceleration? Can be found on the blue (or grey) circle button at the bottom right?

Have you checked that your graphic card drivers are up to date? If you have a brand new computer, odds are it's not shipped with the latest drivers.

Hi Dadgad,

Thanks for your reply. I tried to unselect the "Noun/verb selection" & "Double click editing" but the result still the same.

Except I setting the "pickdrag" value from 2 to 1. Previously I draw a line need to click 3 time only able to create a base point but now need 2 click. :)

Hello Tiger,

Yeap. The behaviour is the same even I started with new drawing with 0 byte file.

Tried to off all the quick properties, Dynamic Input & Hardware Acceleration (This is the nightmare for me, the 1st thing I did after installed AutoCAD is TURN IT OFF before open any drawing) ;)

So far I haven't try update my windows and graphic card driver due to my office internet connection very slow. Will try to do it at home later.

Hmmm.. Look like I cannot using AutoCAD 2016 like a "Shooting Gamer" anymore..:(

Hi Dadgad,

Thanks for your reply. I tried to unselect the "Noun/verb selection" & "Double click editing" but the result still the same.

Except I setting the "pickdrag" value from 2 to 1. Previously I draw a line need to click 3 time only able to create a base point but now need 2 click. :)

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest turning off "Noun/verb selection" & "Double click editing", just confirming that they looked as they were in the screenshots, I should have been clearer about that. I would leave those both as they were, ON.

Glad the Pickdrag variable provided you some relief.

Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest turning off "Noun/verb selection" & "Double click editing", just confirming that they looked as they were in the screenshots, I should have been clearer about that. I would leave those both as they were, ON.

Glad the Pickdrag variable provided you some relief.

Hi Dadgad,

Yeap. It's ON before I unselect it. Anyway, the result still the same.

Look like I'm only can tell my client. "Please forgive me if I'm work slow. The latest AutoCAD 2016 wasn't compatible with me"

Cheers!

Do you have any dialogs open? LIke Properties, X-ref Manager, Layers and the such? Try closing them all and see if that helps.

Edit: In another thread, this link https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-general/civil3d-2016-lag-issue/td-p/5633457 was given - it contains a lot of pages at least, should be some suggestions there.

I'm thinking this is probably a computer problem rather than an AutoCAD.

How do the specs on this new laptop compare to the system requirements of AutoCAD?

Did it come with a bunch of factory installed software?

Have you turned off everything that might be running in the background?

Is this computer on a network?

Is it connected to the internet?

Start by creating a new desktop shortcut and specifying a profile name that doesn't exist so that AutoCAD will start fresh. Also in the shortcut use the new SAFEMODE switch. So on the target line change the /p 'current profile name' to /p 071015, or what ever, and then add /safemode after that. Now start with that shortcut and see if you still have the problem.

Safe mode is a Windows feature not an AutoCAD feature. There is however a SAFEMODE system variable in AutoCAD.

This system variable is controlled by the /safemode startup switch, which should be used only in emergency situations for disabling malicious code. Allows for the running or disabling of executable code.

What does the safe mode do?

AutoCAD's safemode will prevent executable code from being executed. Express Tools and some AutoCAD command tools will not run as well as any lisp files the user has added.

• 5 months later...
same probleme here, with autoCAD2015 WIN8 !

the only effective resolution is in fact to re-install CAD ?

Did you follow rkent's advice as given in post #10?

Did you follow rkent's advice as given in post #10?

except for the SAFEMODE... when i digit the command SAFEMODE it shows that is value is 0... but doesn't allow me to turn it to 1 ! it says "read only"

anyway i tried a new shortcut on the desktop after changed the profile and nothing