Problem with autocad no prompts

Hello everyone. I'm having problems with autocad. From example if I use Presspull autocad doesn't ask me to prompt in a distance I have to manually click and guess the distance. Their are other commands for example if I want to add geometry I'm not prompted to type in the point I have to manually click and guess.

These issues have never happened before. I recently had autocad crash on me I don't know if that caused autocad any issues, but I wanted to let you guys know.

Untitled.jpg

Does it change anything if you change the DYNMODE variable?

Value Description

0 All Dynamic Input features, including dynamic prompts, off

1 Pointer input on

2 Dimensional input on

3 Both pointer input and dimensional input on

• 1 month later...

Having revisited your post, and Tiger's suggestion, I checked and saw that you do have DYNAMIC INPUT enabled on your machine, it sounds like what you really need to do is to check your dynamic input drafting settings. These are highly configurable, depending on what information you deem to be the most relevant in your work. Check out the DRAFTING SETTINGS screenshot first, as this is most likely the cause of your confusion.

As Taylor suggested, you could reset your system variables to the default OOTB settings.

I wouldn't enjoy doing that, because my system variables have been fine tuned to behave as I like them.

So I keep an .svf file as a backup for all those settings.

Before we do anything else though, try checking your EXPERT system variable setting.

To restore your DEFAULT system variable settings, if, and only it, that won't be a huge inconvenience, do the following

Types SYSVDLG at the commandline and hit enter.

Once the dialog box opens, if you REALLY ARE SURE you want to restore them all to the original Autocad settings, you can use the READ icon at the bottom of the dialog box.

If you have, or had, previously used the SAVE ALL option at the bottom of that same dialog box, you would be able to use the READ button, and then browse to your saved .svf (system variable file) to restore your messed up settings.

filedia sysvdlg and save settings.jpg

expert system variable options.JPG

dimension input settings for dynamic input.jpg

Edited by Dadgad