Command Window Pops Up Then Disappears

Bill Tillman

I'm running 2016 Vanilla on a workstation and when I press F2 to get the command window to appear, it opens for a brief second and then disappears. Anyone else having this trouble.

There was a problem with this machine in the beginning with the video driver but we updated that and the problems went away, with the exception of the disappearing command window.

Have you been using two monitors? Is it either behind or beside your AutoCad window, due to having been slid over at some point? Click the Window button or minimize the AutoCad window and look for the edges of the F2 list box.

Thanks Dana, but no this is a single monitor setup. And whether I'm running from a Remote Desktop connection or straight at it's console, I get the same results. And to make matters worse, this is an intermittent problem. I can swear on whatever device you wish me to that I've seen with my own eyes, this same machine run with the text window showing up as it's supposed to. Also, I checked to see if it was behind any other apps, and even though AutoCAD was the only app running, when I minimize it, the text window is not there. :unsure:

And here is the quandry. In just the past few minutes, the text box has started showing up again....it's there for now so I'll just enjoy it, but I won't be surprised if this one comes back either in a few hours or at least again by tomorrow. Sheeesh!

Gotta ask if you have restarted AutoCAD/computer. This sounds like one of those things that a restart will fix.
YUP, could be the graphics and RAM are full of random trash. They have to be flushed out once in a while.