Doors and windows

Legacy14

I have several floor plans drawn for my projects. This is probably a silly question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. I can't seem to find out. How do I draw the doors and windows on the floor plans? I have the schedules, but is there a certain way it is supposed to look? I have the places where they are supposed to be marked, but how do I draw them so they will be recognized as doors and windows? I've checked the threads, but I couldn't find the answer that applies to what I'm asking.:unsure:

I have several floor plans drawn for my projects. This is probably a silly question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. I can't seem to find out. How do I draw the doors and windows on the floor plans? I have the schedules, but is there a certain way it is supposed to look? I have the places where they are supposed to be marked, but how do I draw them so they will be recognized as doors and windows? I've checked the threads, but I couldn't find the answer that applies to what I'm asking.:unsure:
Doors and windows don't have to be all that detailed unless it's the door or window itself that is being detailed out. Simple symbols are enough, as in the attached picture. The opening width should be accurate (nominally) though. The windows can also be only one horizontal line instead of two like the ones in my drawing. Don't bother drawing any moldings, mullions, muntins, knobs or hinges. By "Nominally" I mean the nominal size of the door. A 3068 (3'-0" x 6'-8") door can have the opening drawn 3'-0" wide. No need to account for the fact that it is the door panel itself that is 3'-0" wide, plus the frame and rough opening. That stuff goes into the door schedule, and/or finish specification documents where the masons and framers can find it.

By the way, AutoCad has door and window blocks that come with it, in the tool pallets, click TOOLS >> Pallets >> Architectural tab. See the second image.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

I do have the door and window schedule. What I did so far is I figured out how to do the windows with the horizontal line. For the doors I have only cut out the locations of the doors using the schedule. I wasn't sure if I had to have the curve of the door at a particular angle, etc. Also, the outside doors look different. I believe there are some sliding doors as well.

I'm gradually learning how to think through the process. Also, I realize that wisdom is not always knowing how to do it at first, but knowing where to find the answers and who to consult. Thank you again ReMark for all of your threads. You must be in the business to be so knowledgeable.

Any good architectural drafting and design book would have the information you seek.

Generally speaking the arc defining the swing of the door is set at ninety degrees although I have seen some companies use 45 degrees.

One of many references available...http://cset.sp.utoledo.edu/~nkissoff/pdf/CET-1100/FP1-5a.pdf

Scroll down until you get to the section re: doors in floor plan.