New to autocad & revit. Need advice

BIGEYE

I am 2 classes away from completing my autocad cert In the evenings after work. I work in entirely different field. I will complete cad cert fall this year.

I have opportunity to work with friend who has decades in only 2d mechanical drafting. I am looking for the best advise on what software to learn at this time. I have been researching trade schools and they are pushing Revit 1 to start then revit MEP which are both 4-5 day classes I can take this summer.

Should I jump right into revit MEP as main focus or would autocad MEP be easier ?

• 2 weeks later...

Before you get into the BIM stuff it is usefull to know the 3d basics. Doesn't really make a big difference with CAD program you use. As long as you get the job done..

Should I jump right into revit MEP as main focus or would autocad MEP be easier ?
I know this is old but I would suggest Revit over AutoCAD, yes.