Object Reference Viewport

Kemphas

Hello,

I am trying to link a file that has multiple components in it. The file has multiple components in it and is auto generated with ACADE but this is a standard ACAD question.

Trying to use a viewport into a linked file. Linking the file provides the whole file, I want to specify an X/Y viewport.

Ideas?

Using proper terminology will help you get more accurate responses.

Are you referring to a table (DATALINK) or drawing (XREF)?

DATALINK will require you to set up named ranges in the table file.

XREF can be clipped in the referencing file with the XCLIP command.

Yes the file would be Xreferenced, and Xclip worked; however, this created a print extents issue. Yes I can set print area but wanted to ask if there was a way to mitigate.

Will look at named views.

Yes, a clipped reference still has the cropped area present in the referencing file. It's basically a way to mask what you don't want to see. You will have to specify the print area.

Is the XREF in Modelspace? If so, use a viewport and zoom-window to the portion you want.

If you prefer XCLIP, all you have to do is Plot-Window and select the XCLIP boundary as the window.