Making 2 parallel lines collapse into one in the middle?

Hi there

First of all sry for trying to describe my problem the 'long way' - I simply lack the correct English words for what I wish to do

(which I guess is why I have not ben able to find a solution online myself).

Ok - that put a side, here goes:

I need to take a 'standard AutoCAD' line drawing of a building into 'AutoCAD Architecture' and redraw all walls etc. (it is a huge building with several unique floors = Tedious work :sleeping: )

So now I am wondering if anyone know of a way where I, in 'A-CAD Architecture', can mark all the parallel lines that is close to each other and have them all merged/collapsed into single lines or polylines which place themselves in the center between each set of parallel lines.... all in one go (or in a few processes).

Then I plan to use the 'Apply Tool Properties to Linework' function on all the lines - which can be done in one go.

I just lack knowledge of the middle of the process I am hoping to make for this kind of work.

Anyone know of some cool nifty way of doing this?

I would love that :love:

:) Anjoha

Something like this pick room squares and it draws walls, the offset is user variable. Now for the bad news its part of a package so I can not post code. But its not that hard, have a look at MLINE.

FP-WALLS.jpg

Hi - thanks for all of your suggestions, will try out during the morning today :)

@Dadgad, yeah it is for a 2D drawing - but I need to use AEC objects to apply information for automated use in another system (that is currently undecided).

I was just really hoping that there would be some really easy nifty way for doing this - as it could make me work at way more than double speed.

BTW - I do not mind exporting to another program to do the task - then reimport it again after (as long as it is dwg or similar).

Right now I am installing a trial of something called ArcGIS to see if that works out for me.

So if anyone know of a way in another program - please tell me.

Thanks again for your inputs!

Hi - thanks for all of your suggestions, will try out during the morning today :)

@Dadgad, yeah it is for a 2D drawing - but I need to use AEC objects to apply information for automated use in another system (that is currently undecided).

I was just really hoping that there would be some really easy nifty way for doing this - as it could make me work at way more than double speed.

Then just use the WALL tools available in Autocad Architecture and cut right to the chase.

oh well - was just hoping I did not have to sit and draw each wall seperately one by one. Would save weeks or even months in the long run if I could find a solution to this.

such a shame.

:( Anjoha

You dont have to draw each wall you draw either 4 lines in one go or like dadgad create 2 solid walls, it took me pick pick pick pick pick all done to create the 4 lines giving impression of walls.

I wrote some time ago a multi offset routine that allows basicly for as many offsets as you like using a simple method like 110,50,100 meaning 3 offsets. I will try to find. Again did you look at MULTILINE.

This is autocad add on software written around 20 years ago its still available. Have a good look at Autocad Architecture or revit.

3dhouse.jpg