double click to drag window?

i've been having problems with my laptop. i recently updated a driver for the touchpad, and then when i rebooted the machine and restarted autocad, now whenever i want to drag a window, to zoom make selections to move, etc., the first time i click to start the window, nothing happens. if i pause for a second then click again, it starts my window.

this is making me crazy.

anyone?

It sounds like Implied Windowing has been turned off, on the Selection tab in OPTIONS.

I like the Press and Drag option more than having to click once to start a window, and again to end the window selection.

implied windowing.JPG

Check out the screenshot too.

At times like this it really helps to have earlier saved an .SVF (system variable file) with all of your favorite settings. You do that in the bottom of the SYSVDLG box, with the SAVE ALL icon.

pickauto variable.jpg

save your .svf.jpg

ok. i spoke too soon. i updated my touchpad driver and rebooted. now i'm back to where i started with the double clicking. these variables don't seem to do anything...

Sorry to hear that.

There was another similar thread within the lst 10 days or so, I will try to find it and post a link. I forget if there was a definitive solution found.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?93038-First-click-doesn-t-work-for-line-copy-move-text-commands

Have you considered reverting to the previous driver?

It sounds to me like it is a Windows issue, rather than an Autocad one. I could be wrong, just thinking out loud.

it may be a windows problem. i had to update the touchpad driver in order to disable it. it wouldn't disable without updating the driver, and if i don't have it disabled i'm constantly touching it and causing the cursor to jump all over the place. i'm afraid there's a conflict between the touchpad driver and autocad, but i can't find anything about that...

backed the touchpad driver up to the point where it's not working any more and i'm still having the same problem in autocad.

maddening.

You have reminded me of a recent post (about a month or so ago) where the sensitivity setting in the touchpad was the culprit, it was an option like disregard light (possibly unitended) strokes on the touchpad.

Very annoying, I understand where you are coming from.

Here is that link http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?92916-Slow-Reaction-to-Keyboard-Commands&highlight=touchpad