printing stuff

bjenk8100

Hello,

Well I kind of am back into some drafting. This is a 3D company. Usually, I do autocad 2014 for 2D and SolidWorks 2012 for 3D. I use to use revit but for completely different things Id not like to get into. I started using Inventor 2015. It is basically a bite off Solidworks but with the autodesk twist. I am getting use to it and like it but they make things too complicated. They really did a bad job with page/print setup i think. Anyway, is there a way to print your model without background without changing in tools applications options. Im just so use to going to paper space which seems not to be around anywhere. I still cant figure out how to make a drawing with all materials on my drawing. In a drawing, I will choose any of the file formats and I only have found iso to get 3d but it loses all my materials. Any help on this matter would be good. Main point, I feel like it is retarded that the program wants you to print the background color and there is no simple option anywhere to plot background always white.

Sry for long post,

Brian

• 5 weeks later...

Change your color to 1 color presentation, makes the background white. This is what I use for all of my renderings. You can put into photoshop, kill the white and superimpose into anything, easiest and fastest way to go. Also mess around with the Inventor Studio rendering environment once the background is white, it will give you better results than the ray tracing. Read up on the main page tutorials to start and watch tons of videos.

Capture4.jpg

Door.jpg

I'm not sure your question is being properly answered as I cannot fully see the question you are trying to ask.

What do you mean by materials on your drawing? Are you referring to seeing the shaded representation of your views in the drawing environment?

I think I tried to answer this in another post? I must admit I was thinking along the line of what kpyoung333 posted but still very unsure of the question being asked:unsure:. I a have a screenhot plug in that was on labs but for some reason has been removed or renamed and it can change the background colour to white.

Best you post a picture or explain so we can understand.