paper space to model space

Hsanon

Hi,

My standard autocad submissions are set in modelspace and presented in Paperspace... however in some cases i need to give our CAD drawings in modelspace.

is there any routine which copies the paper space items (title block etc) and brings it into modelspace along with the items in the viewports in the selection ???

The difficult part is the viewport has a bunch of view specific frozen layers which need to be sifted out when bringing into model space.....

difficult ??? possible ??? :cry:

thanks !!!! :)

Why wouldn't you use CHSPACE?

That's not going to set the layers as the OP needs.

EXPORTLAYOUT may work for what you need.

You might also look into Layer States, just make the viewport active and save the Layer State, set that Layer State Current in Modelspace then use CHSPACE.

Maybe somebody will come along and write or help with a code for you.

The difficult part is the viewport has a bunch of view specific frozen layers which need to be sifted out when bringing into model space.....

Maybe an example would help. It's not clear as to whether or not you have multiple layouts in one drawing, or if you use the same model space items in multiple view ports, etc.

Hi,

i am attaching a sample drawing.... just to show the overlaid layers / multiple/ nested blocks in model space and multiple layouts and annotations in paper space.

what needs to be done is to replicate the same paperspace layouts in modelspace .... but the nested blocks need to be taken off in the individual modelspace drawign sheets.... we need to submit these to clients / authorities in the simplest way possible - no x refs, no blocks etc....

thats the painful part....:cry::cry:

sample - PS to MS.dwg

thanks.....

i have never tried that option (exportlayout) ..... lemmie give it a shot... the problem is that when you explode all the blocks, they all get transferred to layer zero, and then on exporting it, the entire lot gets into model space... even the unwanted items which have been exploded.... (our blocks are nested and also have floorplans of different layers / levels in them)

i know its a tough complicated one.....

thanks.....

i have never tried that option (exportlayout) ..... lemmie give it a shot... the problem is that when you explode all the blocks, they all get transferred to layer zero, and then on exporting it, the entire lot gets into model space... even the unwanted items which have been exploded.... (our blocks are nested and also have floorplans of different layers / levels in them)

i know its a tough complicated one.....

you can also try the BURST command so that attributes retains its values and Blocks retains its layer

Hey the exportlayout works just fine..... !!! i had no idea about the use of that command.

Thanks a lot.... No Lisp routine required.... ;-)

This is just fantastic.... it saves so much of my time ..... i am indebted :):D