Point of Intersection Labels in Civil3D

NDCADTECH

So here's the deal: I have one main 2D alignment (mainline), and a smaller 2D alignment (lateral) that "connects" to the mainline (think pipelines). I add my point of intersection labels to the main alignment that number my points of intersection (1, 2, 3, etc.). Next I add the labels to the lateral, which also numbers them as 1, 2, 3, and so on. Currently I have to go in and edit the text of the lateral labels to read 3A, 3B, 3C, etc. to reference the mainline point the lateral is "connecting" to.

Here's my question: Is there a way to get AutoCAD to reference the main alignment when labeling the lateral alignment's points of intersection? What I need it to do is automatically number (in my case add a letter to the number referenced from the main alignment) the lateral's points of intersection based on where the lateral alignment is starting from the main alignment. Does that make sense? Please ask questions if it doesn't! Thanks!