templates and blocks

There's really not much to show. It's simple categorization. Our library is huge. Since yours is small, start simple. You can modify it as you build it.

As a simple example:

Electrical

Power

Outlets

Equipment

Lighting

Fixtures

Switches

Mechanical

Air

Diffusers and Grilles

Fittings

Piping

Radiation

Fittings

Equipment

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RobDraw

• Ski_Me

• tombu

• hlammerts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok so you have a category folder with sub folders, is that right? Then if I was to follow this example my structure would look like:

Notification

Audio with Visual

Visual only

Audio only

Speaker with Visual

Speaker only

Initiating

This would contain all the initiating devices addressable and conventional such as smoke detectors, pull stations, monitoring and control modules, water flow, and tamper switches.

Equipment

For all my different panels like the fire alarm panel, power supply panel for the notification circuits, annunciators, and communicators.

I didn't see a need to break down all my initiating and equipment into sub groups cause I'm not doing a data extraction that you most likely are.

You are correct despite that my sub-folders did not get indented the way I typed them.

Your organization looks good to me.

We don't do data extraction and I don't see how a folder structure would have any affect on that.

Great thanks, I thought you had sub groups for your blocks to help keep track of attributes if you were doing data extractions. I'm trying to figure out a way to do a data extraction with my devices that would load them all into a spread sheet that would do my battery calculations, but that's a project for in the future.