Trying to load custom hatch pattern into ACAD 2014

I have a few older hatch patterns that I have inserted into notepad and saved as .pat files. I have also loaded those into the same support path as the acad.pat location. I can get them to load if I type DC (Design Center) and go that route to select the hatch type and then select boundary, but that is it. Once I do select them and press enter they will load, but if I wanted to edit them (change scale or angle) I can't. If I try to load by typing hatch at the command line it will give me the errors: "error in reading pattern file" and then another window "error in pattern file". They are below:

STONE_HOLLANDBASKETWEAVE.pat

*STONE_HOLLANDBASKETWEAVE, Holland Stone basket weave

0, 0,4, 8,8, 8,-8

0, 0,0, 0,8

90, 4,8, 8,8, 8,-8

90, 0,0, 0,8

STONE_HOLLANDHERINGBONE.pat

*STONE_HOLLANDHERINGBONE, Holland Stone herringbone

0, -4,0, 4,4, 12,-4

90, 0,0, -4,4, 12,-4

I have a space (enter) after the last line. I tried to load them in acad.pat but it doesn't recognize them there either.

Thank you!

STONE_HOLLANDBASKETWEAVE.pat

*STONE_HOLLANDBASKETWEAVE, Holland Stone basket weave

0, 0,4, 8,8, 8,-8

0, 0,0, 0,8

90, 4,8, 8,8, 8,-8

90, 0,0, 0,8

STONE_HOLLANDHERINGBONE.pat

*STONE_HOLLANDHERINGBONE, Holland Stone herringbone

0, -4,0, 4,4, 12,-4

90, 0,0, -4,4, 12,-4

I have a space (enter) after the last line. I tried to load them in acad.pat but it doesn't recognize them there either.

Perhaps you are not saving them as AutoCAD expects.

The first line of each of your definitions is the file name, i.e. STONE_HOLLANDBASKETWEAVE.pat and STONE_HOLLANDHERINGBONE.pat

The remainder of the lines is the actual pattern definition.

I had no trouble in getting your patterns to work.

NoProblemPatterns.jpg

Thanks for the reply, but the name is how you see it followed by the .pat in my original post. They are the same right? Unless I'm not seeing a misspelling. I am using ACAD 2014 and I can't get them to work at the command line by using the hatch command. And when I use them with the DC command I can place them, but can't edit them. I would have to erase and redo if I wanted to edit.

As you appear to be doing everything right, I am baffled as to why you are getting error messages. I copied the file name and the pattern definition from your post, so there does not appear to be a spelling mistake.

I think that the Hatch command only looks at the patterns within ACAD.PAT, but there may be more than one copy of that file on your machine. My version does not look at the custom hatch patterns with that command.

If only I could look at your machine!

I hope you persist and get everything to work. Good luck.