Move command in dynamic block; Distance value given in percentage

Machiel

Hey everyone,

Currently I am working on a dynamic block of a truck mounted crane main-boom. It's not finished yet, but so far it seems to work very well. First I made the different boom-sections and let them slide behind each other using a move action (in the right draw order off course). Each section has a linear parameter with a minimum and a maximum length value. So far, so good.

The thing is, all the boom-sections have different lengths and I think the final block will be so much easier to use if I can enter percentage of the maximum value for each section instead of enter the value in millimeters.

For example: (see attached image) The maximum length of 'section 2' is 1691.2mm. I would like to enter just "80%" to achieve a section length of 1353mm instead of typing "1353" which does not make any sense unless you know the exact length of each single section... :)

Does anyone know if this is even possible?

Thanks in advance!

Truck mounted crane mainboom.jpg

Something along the lines of the attached, you will need to look at chaining parameters, which can give some problems depending on the actions you are using. Take a look at the block and see if you can adapt it into your design, if it gives you any problems then post your drawing, but it certainly sounds like it can be done.

percentage.dwg

Thank you Steven. That looks a bit like what i'm trying to achieve. I'm certainly going to try this on my design.

I keep you updated.

More ideas are welcome!