Questions on Groups.

I'm new to groups in AC. I've made a few using the "group" command. However, when wanting to edit/add objects, I'm asked for the "name of the group." When making the groups using "group" I'm never asked to give it a name. If I don't name the group, what is it called, and where can I find this info? where is the list of groups in a drawing?

_classicgroup at the command line or Group Manager on the Ribbon. Check Include Unnamed in the dialog box. The Unnamed ones start with an asterisk.

_classicgroup at the command line or Group Manager on the Ribbon. Check Include Unnamed in the dialog box. The Unnamed ones start with an asterisk.

Thanks. However, when the dialog box opens, I still can't figure out which of the asterix-ed groups is the one I want. It seems that one should be able to select a group and then apply the options to the selected group. As when opening a block.

I am using AC2012. I have it set up as the "classic" UI like all my previous versions. The Ribbon just doesn't work for me and how I work. I realize that by not using the ribbon I am missing some options.

In the Group dialog there is a button Find Name, pick that, pick the group, it will give you the name, proceed from there.