3d transform to 3 view

Mark_Anif

Yes it does ReMark.

Wow, that blows my mind, that SOLPROF has been around for so long.

I personally like using SOLPROF, but the resulting images are not associative, which is a tradeoff.

If you use SOLPROF, create as many copies of your 3D Model, as you want to show views, then position them relative to the existing model, meaning you will need to 3DRotate the new ones into their proper positions in modelspace. It is a good idea at this point to delete anything you do not want to show in any particular view.

Then start the SOLPROF command and read and follow the commandline prompts carefully.

A couple of blocks will be created, one of which will show the visible lines, and the other (if you selected the option), will display the hidden lines.

In my own work, I would then move both of the blocks out a know distance in a different direction, and move the 3D Models from which they were generated out of the way (this is actually quite easily done using the LAYISO & UNLAYISO commands instead of moving the blocks). I then explode both of the blocks at the same time, and run OVERKILL on them (you won't be able to do that in 2000), because it will clear out a lot of duplicated and redundant lines. I then select everything from my Hidden lines block and change the layer in my quick properties to Hidden Steel, so the line work will assume the layer color. I put the Visible lines on my Steel layer, then I move both sets of lines back by the known distances and in the opposite direction from which I earler displaced them. Then they will look rather like in the screenshot. . I haven't marked my hole centers in the screenshot, because SOLPROF won't do that for you, but Lee Mac has a great lisp that will, all in one go.

http://www.lee-mac.com/associativecenterlines.html

Thanks Lee! :beer:

That should get you headed in a right direction for starters.

Yes, it is not Associative, but it is pretty darn fast, by pre Viewbase (2012) standards.

solprof image optimized.jpg

Edited by Dadgad