Embed aerial photos

NDCADTECH

Alright, I am trying to embed an aerial photo into my drawing so I can send it to a client. eTransmit is not an option per my project manager. The file is a large one, 28495 KB. Pasting it from paint (starting with either a jpg or bmp) as an OLE object gives me this error:

AwubwFkAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

The image will insert into the drawing, but once I save and close the drawing the image is lost. However, this works just fine on much smaller image files. Is there any way I can get this to work with such a large file??

There may be a better way with C3D than I am about to suggest. I would think so, but I have no experience with that program but I do know that something like that would be advantageous.

If you send both files and the recipient saves them in the same folder, AutoCAD will find it for them. In my non-civil world, embedding large images is not good.

Unfortunately sending the image file to the client is not an option. It needs to be a part of the drawing itself. We're working on bringing the image file size below 5000KB so we can insert it through paint as an OLE object. Inserting it through a Word document works but we lose our image quality.

I've embedded some pretty large images before, but you never know what causes things like that, it could be something besides file size. I prefer to reference really large image files when I can. Seeing as that isn't an option (or maybe it is/needs to be, if nothing else works).

I would try reducing file size and maybe try a BMP, PNG, etc. as well.

You might give AutoCAD Raster Design Free Trial a look.

Unfortunately sending the image file to the client is not an option.

Which begs the question, "Why not?"

In the past I've found that this kind of requirement is usually due to an ineptitude on the receiving end or a miscommunication.

I'm not sure what the deal is with not being able to eTransmit these...but who am I to argue...

Keep giving me ideas and I'll let you all know if we find an answer. Thanks!