How to change command from DLi (dimlinear) to DD - change or edit command

Tariq313

I want to change civil 3d commands/shortcuts as i want to use DD instead of DLI (DIMLINEAR) and AD instead of DAL (DIMALIGNED). in autocad i was using acad.pgp to change these commands but in civil 3d i tried it by editing acad.pgp and then restarting civil 3d and i tried aliasedit also, both not working. when i type on command line 'dd' changed shortcut/command it give 'DD must be called from within another command' .

can any one help plz

thanks in advance

First of all did you add your new alias to the proper section of acd.pgp?

Second of all did you type it like this: DL, *DIMLINEAR

Note the inclusion of the comma after the letters DL. It's important!

I moved your thread to the Civil 3D & LDD Forum.

I would think it would work in Civil 3D same as AutoCAD Vanilla, are you saving the changes?

Are you editing the correct file? Try (findfile "acad.pgp") on commandline.

You may need to run REINIT.

It's because 'DD' is a predefined command for Deflection Distance within Civil 3D. I don't think they allow you to overwrite it. I even tried taking it over with a LISP routine, no avail. You'll have to choose another combination of letters.

It's because 'DD' is a predefined command for Deflection Distance within Civil 3D. I don't think they allow you to overwrite it. I even tried taking it over with a LISP routine, no avail. You'll have to choose another combination of letters.

Commandobill is correct:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/Civil3D-UserGuide/files/GUID-A7B7EC7E-CE9E-4F2D-9564-BAC7C4A20375-htm.html

Thank you very much for replies, i tried diff letter combination 'df' instead of dd which worked :)

No problem!