Top Posters In This Topic

• RobDraw

• halam

• tzframpton

• hlammerts

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, good idea, provide more information. :facepalm:

Why do the sheet views need to be exported with coordinates?

After further thought, I find myself wondering. If I were on the receiving end needing the model in real world coordinates, I would want model space and wouldn't care about the sheets. PDFs would be fine. If all I cared about was the sheets, I probably wouldn't care much about the coordinates.

Is this something you are required to do by the recipients?

Why..??? you ask :? otherwise the design files will be send back the same instance..

We live in a ('civil') world that needs physical coordination. The national grid! I think it is called in US

Usually this question is asked by designers who are more focussed on residential building, rather that highways, bruidges, tunnels etc.

(In need for 'Revit Civil')

Sheets contain all the data. The stamp etc. for time, make, etc. etc. Its a judicial question.

:rtfm: One view, filename XYZ, saved on date whatever, not checked will not be sufficient How sadely that is. So, please keep in mind that it this I not a personal wish. We NEED the sheets in DWG and we NEED them in coordinats :rtfm: It is mandatoty!

I like discussions on how? rather than why? :nono: rob.

So I kindly would like you to look at the tests or options you said you would.

Usually this question is asked by designers who are more focussed on residential building, rather that highways, bruidges, tunnels etc.

Well, yeah, I already said that my experience with "Civil" is limited and was very willing to run the tests but you weren't willing to give me the information I requested.

I like discussions on how? rather than why? :nono: rob.

You and I differ on that. Sometimes, I need to know why a question is being asked. It helps me verify I understand the question. I think I said a few times that I needed more information. You did that, someplace else, on your initial post. Nobody had to even ask for it.

So I kindly would like you to look at the tests or options you said you would.

Sorry, my interest in the solution is only out of curiosity at this point. I don't see the value in exporting sheet views with coordinates, even if it is possible. It sounds like overkill. If I were the recipient, I'd want the entire model in one file. Sheets are easily covered with PDFs. If I were required to do what you are asking, I'd do it, but wouldn't really understand why. Requirements are requirements sometimes, but if you have to jump through hoops to get there... Well, I think you know what I'm saying.

I think this may be a case of a misunderstanding on someone's part. Maybe mine. It's enough for me to know that Revit can export a single view to .dwg with coordinates and a whole bunch more. I'll be watching your new thread at that other forum with all the info out of curiosity only. I promise that I won't ask why or even post to it.

I promise that I won't ask why or even post to it.

Sure seemed like it. Perhaps you can put a little more effort into replies with even more snide comments?

I was talking about the other thread. Meaning that I would just let it run it's course, so I can see what comes of it. Sorry, if that wasn't any clearer.

Sorry, if I have been a bit snide in this thread but what about the OP? He came here looking for help. I was more than willing to run some tests for him but he wouldn't help me understand where he was at or what he needed. In fact, he was a bit rude about it. I don't think my reaction was out of line and I already said that I might be misunderstanding something.

He did come some here looking for help, true but just because he works a certain way does not mean we should question it. Look at you and Tanner, COMPLETELY different work routines to accomplish the same/similar tasks. I think his rudeness stemmed from being subjected to the 3rd degree of interrogation of work routines.

We all work different, that is all. Hey, if you don't think it's not worth your time then back off from it. I have had to on many occasions. No harm in stepping away if needed.

Edited by f700es
typo

In this case, there were some variables in project set-up that needed to be cleared up so that any tests I ran would be from something similar. I was willing to set-up my own dummy project but he wouldn't help me do it the way he does it. I wasn't asking about anything out of the ordinary. In his post at the other forum, he posted a sample project without anyone asking. If he had done that, instead of saying I didn't need more info. I would have run tests and done some research and found out it is not possible.