• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nikson

• ReMark

• Dadgad

• steven-g

Top Posters In This Topic

Type the letter "U" at the keyboard then press the Enter key.

I think this is the least of your worries when it comes to using AutoCAD. Concentrate on good drafting practices and recognize what command is best to use in any given situation and your need to utilize the UNDO command should be greatly diminished. Work smarter not harder.

Need the fastest metod to rotate,scale,move etc.(often) Could you recommend some usefull exercises for 2D. Everything can find on the internet but need some practice to fast drafting with samples.

Do you know how to use the commands effectively? Without that knowledge speed is irrelevant.

Are you making use of command aliases?

Are you making use of the right-click fly-out menus?

The key to being faster and more efficient is practice, practice and then practice some more. Tasks that are largely repetitive or those that must be performed on large groups of similar objects can be handled via custom lisp routines.

What type of work do you do or are your a student?

Working with some simple 2D architectural plans, making fire protection and emergency escape plans with lot of simbols. Needed fast work to arrange and manipulate with all of plans. The most of uses commands are basic like m,co,ro,sc,tr...etc

I'm not sure you can speed things up, beyond using/inserting symbols, given the nature of your work. Each plan your work on will be different based on the shape of the building and its layout.

Need the fastest metod to rotate,scale,move etc.(often) Could you recommend some usefull exercises for 2D. Everything can find on the internet but need some practice to fast drafting with samples.

Since those are basic commands there isn't much to making them faster. At least for now have the command line showing and watch the command line for the prompts so you learn what are the default prompts and what options are there.

Working with some simple 2D architectural plans, making fire protection and emergency escape plans with lot of simbols. Needed fast work to arrange and manipulate with all of plans. The most of uses commands are basic like m,co,ro,sc,tr...etc

Unless you are trying to string some commands together, there isn't much else you can do to go faster except to practice.

Speed will come with familiarity to the software. There are ways (already mentioned) to make the software more "yours" but you really need to understand the what/why you're doing what you're doing before you go down the road of customization.

My $.02.

I agree with all of you dear people. Work,work and always work. Fast and smart draw will come itself. Could somebody recommend some good practice tuts?

It is always a good idea to check out any new express tools, as they tend to be cutting edge, and ultimately will save you plenty of time, a year or two before Autodesk decides they have proved their merit, and should be incorporated into the "less than express tools" version. The time and effort saved will be your own.

I'm suprised no one has mentioned the humble space bar, to be honest I'm not 100% sure when this feature was added, it's certainly here in 2013LT. Pick an object/objects, then clicking one of the grips will automatically put autocad into stretch mode (that grip will be stretched), but just hitting the space bar will now change the behaviour so that your selection can be moved - or hitting space bar twice goes to rotate,,,,, using the space bar cycles through stretch, move, rotate, scale, and mirror. The copy option is missing but holding down the Ctrl key whilst in one of these modes will switch to multiple, allowing you to make copies, it probably does other things as well, it's well worth exploring.

I'm suprised no one has mentioned the humble space bar, to be honest I'm not 100% sure when this feature was added, it's certainly here in 2013LT. Pick an object/objects, then clicking one of the grips will automatically put autocad into stretch mode (that grip will be stretched), but just hitting the space bar will now change the behaviour so that your selection can be moved - or hitting space bar twice goes to rotate,,,,, using the space bar cycles through stretch, move, rotate, scale, and mirror. The copy option is missing but holding down the Ctrl key whilst in one of these modes will switch to multiple, allowing you to make copies, it probably does other things as well, it's well worth exploring.

Wow, I didn't know about that, thanks steven-g! :beer:

Yes, but, you can also right-click after selecting the grip and you can customize those pretty easy with CUI.

I think the spacebar selection has been around a few releases, I have it in 2011.

Thanks for that tip. I'm pretty fast with commands as I constantly work in 2D, but I had no idea about the spacebar trick.