error "cannot save one or more objects...." on dropbox

designerstuart

hi all - there is a chance this is more of a dropbox than AutoCAD question. apologies.

i have the same problem reported in several places, including here. basically, i get error message "One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format" when saving any dwg.

i am running everything off dropbox, and when i take it offline, saving works fine. dropbox also works fine for everything else (such as saving .dwgs to desktop, and copying to folder, or saving directly from MS word).

anyone have any experience of this? the dropbox account is not full; neither is my computer. some sort of cache thing? or a rogue file?

thanks for anything.

is it the one i posted a link to above? i tried all the AUDIT solutions, but literally all .dwgs do the same thing.

the only exception i have found is occasionally when i create a new dwg it allows it - then as soon as any operation is done, the error pops up.

(ok so i mis-used the word "literally" - i hate that too)

You might try saving local and then saving to dropbox.

Did you check ALL of the causes?

Issue:

When saving a drawing in AutoCAD, usually to a network location, the following message is displayed:

One or more objects in this drawing cannot be saved to the specified format. The operation was not completed and no file was created.

Causes:

The error can have multiple causes: corrupt drawing, low free disk space, file server issues, network adapter settings, or a missing drive (such as a USB drive that is no longer connected).

You might try saving local and then saving to dropbox.

Did you check ALL of the causes?

Yes, I read through them, and assumed it must be dropbox-related. so then i disconnected dropbox, and was able to save all previously error-ridden drawings no problem. it just seems strange that i have no other problems with dropbox (or autocad) apart from not being able to save dwgs while dropbox is in sync.

i was hoping there would be some sort of corruption file or something like that which i could check or delete... optimistic?!

thanks for your time chaps

I also started getting these errors, and I have been using autocad/dropbox for over 3 years without a single error. I am pretty sure this might be a dropbox issue. I have tried all the things the different sites recommend, and they do not always work, when they do work, I feel its just a coincidence.

I have a theory, although based on nothing but timing, that DB updated something on their end, which might have something to with the windows 10 release, again this is purely speculation.

I work with a few people, shared folders on dropbox, and they are all experiencing the same problem.

I am pretty sure this might be a dropbox issue.

that was what i was afraid of - dropbox lacks the amazingly useful gang of experts willing to solve other peoples' problems!

the problem is ongoing, so any other suggestions appreciated.

ta

Hi all, Im experiencing same issues as designerstuart. Wotking right off dropbox until last week or 2, used to work just fine, all of the sudden i cant perform a quick save on autocad. sometimes it does allow me to save, most times i cant. I cant figure it out yet. please help. The only workaround found so far is the .save command in the command line, still not comfortable with it though. Any other suggestions greatly appreciated