Please recommend a Graphics Card...

Murphy625

tzframpton our PC's are I5 8gb with Intel4000 graphics work fine but do not support any autocad above 2014. Need Intel4600 chips now. The box is basicaly worthless maybe $200.

I can see a light at the end of the tunnel our new pc's due July 2015, buts its a very long tunnel and the train is having problems.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Murphy625

• tzframpton

• ReMark

• SLW210

The i5 is ok and 8gb ram will work but non dedicated graphics are not ok. Depending on your power supply, an nVidia GT 740 would help. Also have a 64 bit version of windows.

My home workstation is a Core i7-4770K with the integrated Intel HD 4600, and still a moderate 16GB RAM. Running one million square foot Revit and Navisworks models like a champ. ;)

Speaking of graphics cards, my son's pc has had a recent issue. Spent days trying to track down the problem. Went to pull the card out and we found that the power supply wires to the card had almost burned out. "Well, I think we might have found the problem?" We had to use one of these as his PS did not have a 6-pin cable for the card....

http://www.amazon.com/4-Pin-Molex-Female-Adapter-Length/dp/B007NMSUUA