Pipe Runs Tube& Pipe

Zac Davis

Hello everyone

is there a way to prevent pipe runs to move after creation

lets say i made a run between two fittings ,everything works fine , now i want to add pipe support with from bottom of pipe to ground . i normally use mate constraints for this , the problem appears if i want to move the support on its free axis . somehow it moves the all run and make inventor recreate the pipe run again in very weird positions , is there any way to "Ground" a pipe run ?(Consider the fittings doesn't have any degrees of freedom)

thank you

You have to disable the adaptive nature of the sub assembly. You can't right click on it like normal, I believe you have to go to the properties for that sub assem and disable it there.

You have to disable the adaptive nature of the sub assembly. You can't right click on it like normal, I believe you have to go to the properties for that sub assem and disable it there.

Tried it , although in iProperties i unticked :"Adaptive" it comes back automatically after "Apply" is clicked

Tried it , although in iProperties i unticked :"Adaptive" it comes back automatically after "Apply" is clicked

The unticking of the adaptive feature is the answer to a lot of ploblems inside Inventor. I use it with caution but it can also be very powerful and useful at times.