Strange Layer Behavior? Auto turn off and freezing without command to do so?

Murphy625

I am encountering some strange layer behavior I can't figure out.

I have about 6 layers.. two of them are being problematic..

They keep turning themselves off or freezing without me telling them to do that.

I'll turn them on, or unfreeze the layer(s), draw a bit, render some, switch views, then when I go to look at the drawing, the layers have either been turned off or frozen without me ever having opened the layer dialog box.. When I turn them back on, they stay for a bit.. rinse and repeat every couple minutes..

I'm just scratching my head on this one..

Might you have inadvertently saved a New View with layer snapshot enabled?

Wow.. you guys are freaking autocad guru's.. Yes, I saved a view.. I never new that it would modify the layers.. I just figured out how to turn it off.. retested, works good now.

Thank you.. (I've been saying that a lot since I got this new version of acad!)

Wow.. you guys are freaking autocad guru's.. Yes, I saved a view.. I never new that it would modify the layers.. I just figured out how to turn it off.. retested, works good now.

Thank you.. (I've been saying that a lot since I got this new version of acad!)

Sometimes we just get lucky, and it seems that way. You have the option when creating a new view, of disabling the layer snapshot function, which it sounds like, would be best for you. Glad to help. :)

Typically when I am using this, it might be to create and save a view which I will use in a viewport, and this would represent another way to VP Freeze layers, and a particular perspective, and zoom value, as I tend to opt for the defined window option, instead of the current display. Should it be a particular perspective that I like, and might want to use for other drawings, then I would uncheck the layer snapshot. You can also elect to UPDATE LAYERS, when you are in a saved view, as shown on the right side of the screenshot.

view manager and layer snapshots.jpg

Edited by Dadgad

• 6 months later...

I tried updating the layers in Viewmanager and it DOES NOT WORK. I get the same behavior with layers randomly freezing!