Autocad 3d erasing drawings

Sammy_69

Hello, I've got a huge problem which has to do with my job so it's really serious. It actually happened twice: both times I returned to previous 3d models which I had created some time ago, and they were half erased! Parts of them with no symmetry or logical possible explanation were just erased, and they're not hidden in some other layer or colour, I've thought of these stuff. There are just some random parts left floating in the air! A strange thing is in the preview (before opening the dwg) it shows the model complete... Has this happened to anyone before? I'm really troubled as it's hours of work we're talking about...thanks.

No that's not it...I've tried everything that has to do with view the last 10 days...thanks so much for the reply though :)

Good, then you are sure that it is not a saved layer snapshot, within a saved view issue, too.

Sorry I couldn't help, good luck with it. :)

Are there xrefs in your drawing?

UNHIDE OBJECTS?

Good, then you are sure that it is not a saved layer snapshot, within a saved view issue, too.

Sorry I couldn't help, good luck with it. :)

Are there xrefs in your drawing?

UNHIDE OBJECTS?

No, none of these! Neither object isolation... I don't know because I haven't done any actions like these, and noone else has access to these drawings, so what the #@?! My back up drive has also these faulty copies! That's it, I'm dead :?

I find it difficult to believe that AutoCAD, all on its own, is responsible for removing parts of your 3D model. Something else is going on or we aren't getting the complete story.

Are you working off a network or using a standalone workstation?