compound curves

dannysteel

oh wow that is pretty cool, i see so you create the two extrusions with the given radius and then the light blue piece is the intersection of both!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dannysteel

• ReMark

• SuperCAD

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I'm a legend in my own mind. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Now that you know all my tricks I can retire right?:lol:

ok but did you notice that one is longer than the other one what i do copied it and then stretch, because to create a new one i'll have to first learn how this works. i tried copying your light blue piece and paste it into the dwg but i still don't know how to rotate 3d objects and i know it's something also about moving the ucs icon

Yes, I noticed all kinds of things but I concentrated on addressing the problem of creating the desired shape not on completing your drawing for you.

I would suggest that you do not copy then try to "stretch" the shape I made. For all we know it is wrong because the underlying geometry that it is based on may be wrong.

Fix your geometry then create a flared and arched beam for each side using the method I demonstrated.

I made two surfaces from two radii, then trimmed one surface and thickened it to create a solid, then copied the compound curved edge and used that for a sweep path. Worked pretty good, but I'm not 100% sure I got what you're looking for.

how do you convert 2d surfaces into a solid object, the other solid objects i created were easy but since i extruded the green curve hss up i have to create it into solid in order to use interfere right?

Yes I did. You can create the two surfaces and use the intersect command to create a sweep spline. I was working on a mock up of it but I had a meeting to go to.

MS-1552 3DCANOPY.dwgI did what you told me to do i fixed my geometry and added extrusions, but i was only able to do it in some pieces the other pieces came out as surface extrusions, i don't know why i join the lines to create a polyline but no luck i think i'm almost done can you help me a little, thanks.

i used interfere and i'm able to see it in red (the pieces interseting) but how do i keep them ( pull them out) and remove what i don't need.

A surface is created when a line or an arc is extruded.

Unfortunately I am not on my CAD computer so I will be unable to help you at this time. Maybe SuperCAD can assist you or one of the other forum members (Dadgad?).

i used interfere and i'm able to see it in red (the pieces interseting) but how do i keep them ( pull them out) and remove what i don't need.

If you use the INTERSECT command, it will treat what is alternately described as the INTERFERENCE object, as that which you are trying to create. It is all the same tool, just used with a different frame of reference, or mindset. There is an option in the INTERFERENCE dialog to not delete the Interference Object, should you want to save the generated 3D Solid.

If you look at the screenshot, you will see two identical objects, except for their colors. They are both 3D Solids. The Magenta colored one was the INTERFERENCE OBJECT, created by the INTERFERE command, and I unselected the DELETE option as shown in the dialog, and copied it out next to the one created using the INTERSECT command with the same two bits from your drawing. If using the INTERSECT command, everything except for it, will be erased or deleted from the drawing. So, exactly the same 3D Solid result, using the same functionality in the software, but different commands.

I was too lazy to create my own solids for the demonstration, so just moved one of yours, so that they would overlap one another for this exercise.

delete interference objects setting.JPG

do these look familiar.JPG

Edited by Dadgad