Metal Siding Profile

addesigns

I am wondering how to go about the following that I want to accomplish...

I would like to have a wall in 3-D and 2-D that will show corrugated metal siding profile. Am I just going to make a profile and then add that to the structure of the new wall that I am going to create?

I am wondering because I have never created a repeating family and figure that has something to do with it. I would like the Metal siding to show properly when I elongate and shorten the wall length both in elevation view and 3-D.

I have been searching the Information Super Highway but I am not finding anything great to work off of. I have always had better luck on this site so...

Ready.... Set..... Go...

This is just me a simple approach and not a dynamic approach. if you draw a sheet profile just one section of the repeat pattern use array to make correct length and pline edit to make 1 pline you can then trim etc. To make longer you must add more sections. In simple terms if you set the pline THICKNESS variable to the height of the panel you will see a 3d panel appear.

ScreenShot022.jpg