DOUBLE CLICK ACTIONS Not Working

Franklyn83

Hi guys, please excuse me if I posted in the wrong section.

I had a power failure this afternoon and after I re-booted my computer and opened a cad (14) file I realized my double clicking was not working at all. I cant double click to edit MText, Hatch, or blocks. I looked at the CUI file and the double click settings seem to be as they should be. I did a search of the forum but couldn't find anything similar to my dilemma, if there is an existing thread please drop me a link. I have cad on two pcs but cant discern anything unusual when I compare my user preference settings?

I'm sure I am overlooking the obvious, seems to be my MO with cad.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Franklyn83

What is your MTEXTTOOLBAR system variable setting?

Given that your DBLCLKEDIT setting is already , this might be the reason.

You will notice that whether or not the MTEXTEDITOR opens when your ribbon is open, can be set to personal preference, and the default is that it will not, when the Ribbon is open.

check MTEXTTOOLBAR setting.JPG

SLW210, I've tried to add another profile but that's another area I really need to brush up on, I tried exporting it to a flash drive and then importing it but I don't think that's the way to go about it.

Mouse settings were good.

I did follow your suggestion to reset to defaults and that did the trick, I had to set it all up the way I like it and revise the acadpgp file but I am glad to say my double click settings are back in action!

Thank you very much, these little quirks always freak me out cause this program is just so damn huge with so many ways to customize it.

Thanks again, I am very grateful to you icon7.gif

Glad to hear that you are back on the tracks. :)

Perhaps this would be a good time to learn about, or implememnt, the saving of an .svf (system variable file).

Use the SYSVDLG command to open the system variable dialog box, and when you feel you have your settings returned to how you like them, use the SAVE ALL button at the bottom of the dialog. There will come a day, when you will be glad you did. Just make sure you save it somewhere you will remember, and be able to find it, when you DO need it.

Hi Dadgad, that would be fantastic, thank you for the tip. I typed the command and got a system variables dialog box, in the upper right hand there is a blinking cursor, seems to be prompting me to type something in? left it blank and clicked the "save all" button and was able to save a file to a folder. I had to re-name it in order to save it but it still has the .svf designation at the end of the file name. Hope this is right so far.

My follow up question is, how do you use this file I have saved to restore my settings.

What are the steps/commands required to re-introduce my .svf file into autocad?

If you look at the screenshot, I have circled SAVE ALL, which ideally would be reclicked whenever you change a system variable setting (assuming it is not just a temporary change, which might be task specific). In that way your prefered personal settings can easily be copied to another computer, shared with another user, or restored. Should you need to apply or restore these settings in the future, hit READ, then browse on your computer to the saved .svf file. For a single variable change, on the fly, you only need hit OK at the bottom of the dialog, but such a change will not be automagically updated in your SAVE ALL safety file. If you mean to save it, hit OK, then SAVE ALL to overwrite your backup copy.

The dropdown list on the left is a wonderful resource, as it briefly describes the different settings available for most Autocad commands.

Better to scan the list, searching, than enter a name at the top in the blinking field, because you will learn a lot more by scrolling through the list.

By using your keyboard cursor arrows, you can quite easily browse through them, which can be extremely informative, time permitting. It also makes it easy to flip through a sequence of subject related variables, when you are not sure which might come into play, such as if you know you have a DIMENSION problem, you can scroll through all of those starting with DIM. Or as in the screenshot, you could easily scroll through the PICK related variables with your cursor arrow.

sysvdlg using.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain the procedure, that is an invaluable bit of information . I'll explore the dropdown list further to see what else lies in this maze. Thanks again