Multiple views in a sheet

bjenk8100

Hello,

I am a super newb to microstation. I finally have the modeling down but am having trouble. I created a typical I-beam in 3D. I would like to bring in a front, top and side view of the 3d image in a sheet. I know how to reference the models into the sheet. However, I cant figure out how to reference the various views. For my model I went to the different views and set up a front, top and side. I cant find where to get a view into the sheet. I am thinking I should save the views but it just seems to not work. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Ok,

Well I figured out a way for those interested. Not sure if its the only and/or correct way but it works for me. Open up a saved dgn where you made a titleblock on a sheet. File>Save As. Start a new model. Draw whatever you have to draw (W30x357 Beam in my case). I drew mine in 3D. after you are finished go to your sheet in the view group drop down. Click references icon on main ribbon. Click new reference icon and choose your new model/detail from drop down. You will see all the available views (iso, top, front, right....). Choose the one you want on your sheet and make sure to use a scale that will fit on sheet. It is actually really simple I guess thats y nobody responded except myself, lol. AutoCADS viewports are much more convenient in my mind but maybe I am still missing something.