Best pdf Printer

therock005

When i finalise my work I export a drawing to the pdf format. I just need opinions though as to what the best virtual printer service is, so that the pdf file has accurate information so the printed papers dimensions can be measures to the point

Any decent ones do that. Precision is usually lost when printing the PDF. Improper plot settings, plotter not calibrated, humidity, etc. can all affect precision.

I hear bad things about the dwgpdf.pc3. RobDraw how certain are you that the pdf no matter how good the resulted file, will print worse than a dwg file

The native .dwg to .pdf driver these days is excellent. Your profile says you are using 2007. I can't be sure if it had started improving at that point or not.

Actually, I'm fairly certain that most PDFs created from decent print drivers can give you a paper print quality that is comparable to AutoCAD. Even some of the free ones are good enough. If you are looking for a free one, I've used CutePDF in the past with good results.

The point I was trying to make is that where you are sending the print is more likely to underperform compared to the software, but you may be right about the one in AutoCAD 2007.

I can't be sure if it had started improving at that point or not.

Correct; DWG to PDF prior to 2009 version (when PUBLISHCOLLATE sysvar, and Autopublish, etc. were introduced), was in fact pretty terrible.