Frame Generator Problem

Zac Davis

Hi

i have assembly that i want to create frame around it .. so i projected the geometry that im supposed to create the frame on .

going to "Design" Tab , click on "Insert Frame" , and trying to choose the projected geometry from one step before , im unable , to do this . tried to change to "Placement" also unable to select anything

what am i doing wrong ??

I take it you are in a sketch when trying to project?

How else is possible to project geometry beside being inside sketch mode?

I think the issue may you have not made another part and placed it into the assembly. If you do this you can sketch in 2d or 3d or even project and the insert frame will work.

a2.jpg

Yes, i was trying to make the frame around existing parts in the assembly ,so i used the "Create" Button , and was using project geometry from the parts that are already assembled , as i was trying to make a "cage frame" around it.. isnt it supposed to work too ?

It should work, the picture I posted is more or less what you are doing. I created a new part then places a sketch onto of that part and projected the to straight of the cage then went back to insert frame and you can see it is allowing me to generate the new member.

Can you attached your model for me to review?