3D messes up 2D

Hi everyone,

I'm having an annoying problem. If I'm creating a 2D drawing everything works just fine. Printing the 2D drawing, also not a problem.

But whenever I'm adding a 3D solid to the modelspace, printing the 2D part of the drawing gets messed up. It becomes blurry, foggy,...

I'm creating a manual. On some pages there are 2D drawings and on others there are 3D drawings. Thats why in modelspace 2D and 3D are mixed.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thx in advance.

So you are not making use of paper space layouts and viewports?

Sorry for not being clear enough.

I'm using paperspace and viewports.

So if I create a 2D drawing, I'll position it the way I want in a paperspace layout using viewports. Then I print the drawing and the result is great, sharp lines and good quality.

But if I add a 3D model somewhere into modelspace, and I print the same drawing again, all lines are unsharp. Also the lines aren't properly black, they are some kind of greyish.

Can't say I've experienced the problem while doing the same thing (drawing with mix of 2D/3D objects).

Without access to an actual copy of the drawing I have no idea at this time what may be happening.

After hours of trying and searching, I've come up with the solution!

Suddenly I noticed that the visual style of the viewport was set to 'conceptual' instead of '2D wireframe'.

Altough on the monitor you're not seeing any differences, the blurry lines only occur when the drawing is plotted.

Now with the visual style of the viewport that shows 2D elements set to '2D wireframe', the lines are sharp again.

I'm a happy man.

Thx for your reply's!