Discipline Selection "greyed" out

Penfold

Hi,

I've generated a set of floor plans on a project that I'm working on.

In the project browser they appear under a folder named ???

I want to select a discipline but the selection box is greyed out.

Whats could be causing this?

Thanks in advance

Did you generate a set of Floor Plans in an existing Revit project from another company? Or is this a fresh project from a default Template that you started in house?

The reason I ask is because it sounds like it's an existing project with existing Parameters set in place. If the Discipline option in the View is grayed out, then first thing to check is to see if a View Template is applied to the view, overriding the Discipline option. Remove the applied View Template and this option should now be open to change.

As for the three question marks (???), this is telling you that you have rules applied to the Browser Organization's "Grouping and Sorting" Filters. To reverse engineer how it's set up, right-click Views in the Project Browser and select Browser Organization, then the Grouping and Sorting tab. This will display what Filters are applied and how to sort them. Alternatively, in the Views tab, you can change the list option to All which removes any Grouping and Sorting filter and displays each View based off their fundamental category.

Hope this helps. And I hope I deciphered your inquiry correctly. :)

-TZ

That was exactly the problem i was having. It was a project from another company and the issue lay in the existing view templates.

Thanks for your help.

That was exactly the problem i was having. It was a project from another company and the issue lay in the existing view templates.

Thanks for your help.

Glad you got it sorted out. -TZ