Hierarchy question about inventor

Zac Davis

Is there any way to see where parts and/or assemblies are referenced by a drawing , and if yes , to see this drawings names , location etc...

Thanks

You can use Design Assistant. In the menu select Tools - Find - Where Used. Browse to your part/assembly file in Search for references to file: Add the paths you want to search under Look in:. Or if you are using Vault, select a file in Vault, and select the Where Used tab.

DAwhereused.jpg

vaultwhereused.jpg

You can use Design Assistant. In the menu select Tools - Find - Where Used. Browse to your part/assembly file in Search for references to file: Add the paths you want to search under Look in:. Or if you are using Vault, select a file in Vault, and select the Where Used tab.

is there any other way without open 3rd party program within inventor ? maybe ilogic , OR VB? (Just A thought )

Vault is the preferred method and if you go over to the Labs website they have a number of plugin's that can do it. I have not come across a free one that works well. As for Ilogic or VB I have not seen anything using these two methods doing what you want them to do.

Yes its used for multi users and projects. It does what you want above and a whole lot more. Very powerful data management software. I may have a few watered down version when you purchased Inventor and you can upgrade to the full version. To use it correctly you would need a days training as it can be quite difficult to understand by teaching yourself.

Yes its used for multi users and projects. It does what you want above and a whole lot more. Very powerful data management software. I may have a few watered down version when you purchased Inventor and you can upgrade to the full version. To use it correctly you would need a days training as it can be quite difficult to understand by teaching yourself.

Ok got it , but if im not working with multi users , is there any use for it ?