Plotting to PDF- stopping PDF layers from showing/ plotting

MAREBER

Hello again,

I normally plot to 'DWG to PDF.pc3'. I have not had issues in the past with layers also being plotted with PDFs, but my old PC died and I am now on a new PC that is outputting PDFs with layers.

I have tried going into CAD properties and also Adobe properties with no luck as of yet.

This is one of a few glitches that I am trying to figure out. So any advice would be lovely.

Also, while I am on the PDF subject, I would like the plotted PDF to open automatically. Can someone help me to find that adjustment as well?

THANKS!

Hello again,

I normally plot to 'DWG to PDF.pc3'. I have not had issues in the past with layers also being plotted with PDFs, but my old PC died and I am now on a new PC that is outputting PDFs with layers.

I have tried going into CAD properties and also Adobe properties with no luck as of yet.

This is one of a few glitches that I am trying to figure out. So any advice would be lovely.

Also, while I am on the PDF subject, I would like the plotted PDF to open automatically. Can someone help me to find that adjustment as well?

THANKS!

Publish Options. Command >_PUBLISH, Publish Options button. Each line has a dropdown choice for you to use. You can do the same to your Automatic Publish Options if you use that method. You can find the Auto Publish Options by Command > OPTIONS, Plot & Publish Tab, Automatic Publish Options Button.

1+ for the Autopublish mechanism, as it allows me to use DWG to PDF to produce PDF each time I save my work, and it does so much faster than either PLOT or PUBLISH. :thumbsup:

I guess I should check out how Auto-Publish actually works. There has been at least one time that I could have used a date-time stamped document trail of some sort.

I guess I should check out how Auto-Publish actually works. There has been at least one time that I could have used a date-time stamped document trail of some sort.

It's really quite simple - set the options you want, such as DWF/PDF, Include Layer Info?, and when to produce at Save or Close - and setup a default named Page Setup.

After that, you literally just do your work.

To help make adopting Autopublish a bit easier, as it can be quite a PITA to manually apply the named Page Setup to each-and-every-single Layout manually, I wrote this little ditty to expedite the task which can also be used with ObjectDBX for batch processing a directory of drawings at once:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?80461-Page-Setup-Manager&p=1219546&viewfull=1#post1219546

Example:

(foreach layoutname (layoutlist)
 ([color="red"]vla-SetActivePageSetup[/color] layoutname “YourPageSetupName”)
)

It's really quite simple - set the options you want, such as DWF/PDF, Include Layer Info?, and when to produce at Save or Close - and setup a default named Page Setup.

After that, you literally just do your work.

To help make adopting Autopublish a bit easier, as it can be quite a PITA to manually apply the named Page Setup to each-and-every-single Layout manually, I wrote this little ditty to expedite the task which can also be used with ObjectDBX for batch processing a directory of drawings at once:

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?80461-Page-Setup-Manager&p=1219546&viewfull=1#post1219546

Example:

(foreach layoutname (layoutlist)
 ([color="red"]vla-SetActivePageSetup[/color] layoutname “YourPageSetupName”)
)

Thx, I'll have to take a pass on the code since I am running LT, but my MO is draw a page, set up a page, so the only thing I'd have to change is to name and save my set-up for each one as I go, I suppose.

Thank you both-

but neither one of these suggestions has solved my problem- not sure as to why because I tried to do the same thing you have suggested before I posted. (change plot options)

I am still getting layers with each plot and it is not automatically opening.

Perhaps I need to restart CAD to save these changes?

Since you did not mention anything about publishing, I'm not sure why these guys would mention it as a solution to your question.

The settings you are looking for are located in the printer settings as shown below:

DWG to PDF Settings.jpg

Thank you so much! That took care of the auto layers issue. Although even though checked, as shown above, the PDF will not open automatically.

One more question, how can I stop the creation of a plot log with every plot?

Thank you Rob. I unchecked that and it is working now. PDFs created with the plots are still not opening automatically though. I must be missing something?

Since you did not mention anything about publishing, I'm not sure why these guys would mention it as a solution to your question.

The settings you are looking for are located in the printer settings as shown below:

For some reason I have yet to work out, even with those settings unticked I still get layer information in the PDF.