How to divide 3 system from each other in the sample in Revit

BigMan8

Good eveing,

I need to work in 3 models. architectural, structural and MEP. in Revit the are file samples. but What I need is each one of what I mentioned in a seperate model! how can I devide them?thanks in advance.

cheers

They proper way to divide Revit models up per discipline is to use Links. You can access this tool via the Insert Tab on the Ribbon. However, if I'm reading your question, it seems you may be wanting to take one of the sample files (which have all disciplines combined in a single Revit project) and break them out into disciplines? If so, you'll have to do a Save As three times and name them accordingly. Then open each project individually and delete all objects that do not correlate with the discipline as necessary, saving once finished. You can use the Visibility/Graphics option to isolate only necessary categories to globally delete them all at once. I will warn that some items in Revit are dependent on certain objects (for instance, ceiling diffusers are hosted to ceilings, etc) so proceed with caution. Furthermore, it is not unusual for all disciplines to be contained in a single Revit project - in fact that gives you the best possible scenario when modeling in Revit.

Hope this helps. -TZ

Hey mate,

"it seems you may be wanting to take one of the sample files (which have all disciplines combined in a single Revit project) and break them out into disciplines? "

yes this is exactly what I want do do. the purpose for that ; I want to test and see if I am going to face 'positioning issues’' . then I am going to apply what I've learned to solve it (if it occur) ... then I am going to export the model as one (NWC.) to Navisworks and test the 'clash detection' tool.

I am going to do what have you suggested, even tho it will take time but there is no other way I believe to do that. ;)

thank you so much. I really appreciate that. :)

regards,

You won't have any positioning issues at all since you're saving the same file three times. For practice with Positioning, open Visibility/Graphics and go to the Site category, turning on both the Survey Point and Project Base Point. These points can be manipulated to change the origin and the project location/rotation. Feel free to make changes to these points to understand the positioning of a project better. Happy exporting!

-TZ

yea you are write I am working on the same file lol

okay I will do that for sure.

another thing plz. If u have any idea about a site that provide BIM models for free let me know about it plz.

thanks a lot 8)