Running Autocad 2000 on Windows 10

Stanier

Hi - I understand that a 32-bit version of Windows 10 is to be made available alongside the 64-bit version. Does this mean that I would be able to ditch my old Windows XP based system and continue to run AutoCad 2000 on the new 32-bit Windows 10? - Kind regard

If your old Autocad 2000 version is working fine on your XP system, then I would stick with that. Windows 10 may have a 32 bit version, but it's a brand new operating system and from what I've seen around here with people trying to run really old software on a new OS, you will have nothing but problems. So, if it were me, I would stick with what's working.

Unless there is an absolute need to keep using 2000, you may also want to consider updating your software. Even the free CAD options these days would be an improvement.

I still have, and still use, 2000i but keep it on an old machine that runs Windows 98SE. Not internet connected of course.

I would expect to have problems trying to run 2000 on Win10.

If your 2000 runs on XP then keep it there.

Avoid connecting XP or older systems to the web, it is a security risk.

If you need to transfer files to or from an old OS its best to put them on a memory stick and plug this into a newer machine to do the transfer.

• 8 years later...