Tube & Pipe Question , Frustration

Zac Davis

Where are those .xml of all standard tube&pipe libraries seats? where is their location ?

im asking it becuase , by default when you open a new assembly you are having all those standard available , but if you import your own library XML , i think it locate them automatically somewhere , then all the rest are missing..

i read an old post about it and found a horrible solution that makes you work 10 times just to bring those libraries back in the assembly :o:o:o:o

You need to open pipingruns.iam in your design data folder and add your styles there. This is the template that is used to create each Master Runs assembly for Tube and Pipe.

You need to open pipingruns.iam in your design data folder and add your styles there. This is the template that is used to create each Master Runs assembly for Tube and Pipe.

i only found this c:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2015\Design Data\Tube & Pipe\en-US\

there's one file there called "piping runs" its .iam file , don't understand what should i do next .. can you upload a screenshot please

Thanks

Ok , so i created a style and save it in this "piping runs.iam file , then saved this assembly

opened inventor again , changed projects , and its there .:) hope this will keep it there .

still i dont understand why the other styles disappeared before , and also where are those xml location that inventor uses automatically.

if i create a style. then export xml file , then inventor uses this xml , it must be located somewhere ..

It will keep it there, Inventor handles the XMLs internally for tube and pipe styles but when you want to export and import them they are separate files that Inventor does not externally recognize automatically. Just the way its been forever...I have been trying to get them to add it to the Styles Manager for years but I have not seen any movement from them on it.