Converting 2x 3D polylines into 3D Solid?

Sideshow-Cad

Hi Guys,

I am wanting to create a 3D solid to represent steel barrier on the Highway. The topo I received was not great and consisted of just 2 polylines - the face of the barrier and the top of the barrier.

Can people recommend the best way to tackle this?

Drawing attached.

Thanks.

Barrier Topo Lines.dwg

Also might be worth mentioning - where the barrier splits in the centre reserve, that will make 2x steel barrier. So I dont want the 3d solid to fill between if that makes sense.

Thanks in advance

Thanks.

However, now i can open the file but commands don't work because it was "created in a newer version"

Also, my main goal was to find out how to do this for my self. Upon viewing that drawing, it just looks like a surface to me. Can someone please explain "3d faces" to me - How to make them? Differences between them and surfaces? Is this drawing what I was actually looking for? (I wanted a solid 3D object representing the barrier, made from those polylines I originally posted)

Thanks for help in advance.

Hi

Have a look at the SWEEP command. This should allow you to 'extrude' a 2D polyline profile of the barrier along a 3D polyline to form a solid of your barrier.