Strange Linked table issue

AutosoFreely

Hello,

The issue I have is more of a visual issue and can deal with it if it cannot be solved.

I have two extracted excel data linked tables inserted into my drawing both using the exact same Table Style. Their formatting is locked due to the table style the same goes for the text size. Table Style cell height set to 5.3333 (for text sizing for excel).

The issue is that one table data cell has a height of 5.8095 and the other 5.3333. I know I can change the height of the smaller one to suit but not the other way as the height is locked to 5.8095.

Just wondered why this is happening.

Thx

Files? no other files to compare with.

Its one drawing using data extractions derived information from one excel sheet using one table style within the drawing for both tables. I am not using any other files.

Both table 'should' be the same since they are using the same excel sheet and table style.

Could it be a character height that is not allowing a cell height that is any smaller?

For example, the minimum cell height for text using Arial font is one value. Add parenthesis and the minimum height gets larger.

But shouldn't character height set in the table style (RomanS, 2.5mm) be the same every table that uses that style. The only thing that is different between the two tables is the cell height. Everything else on the properties panel is the same as each other.

I think I'll just put it down to AutoCAD being screwy as this is only intermittent. When a table inserts too big I am just re-making it. Remade a table seven times and the table cell increased just twice. It just looks strange when having a drawing with 10 data extraction tables all the same sizes except one.

Are you sure there is no embedded formatting of the cell values. We have found using StripMText.lsp to strip out any embedded formatting makes for more consistent results when using tables.

But shouldn't character height set in the table style (RomanS, 2.5mm) be the same every table that uses that style.

I'm not sure you understood what I was saying. If you have set your cell height set to be as small as possible minimum based on the text size of "normal" characters, it may not be big enough for some characters like parenthesis. I know this is so for Arial, I'd have to do a test to find out if RomanS. What I'm trying to say is that the contents of a cell may force the height to get larger. If your template is set-up to be close to what I'm describing, set your cell height slightly larger to see if you the same discrepancies.

I'm not sure you can just scratch this up as "one of those things". There is probably a difference that you are not seeing.

Is it possible for you to post files that exhibit this behavior? Maybe a couple of screen shots will let us see something that you are not.

Files? no other files to compare with.

Its one drawing using data extractions derived information from one excel sheet using one table style within the drawing for both tables. I am not using any other files.

Both table 'should' be the same since they are using the same excel sheet and table style.

Well that means you have at least one drawing file and one Excel File (files), we need to be able to compare them. Other than that we could just keep guessing.