permanently close the $@$#% ribbon

David Bethel

You can also disable the VIEWPORT CONTROLS in the lower left corner, on your 3D Modeling Tab in Options.

You may want to play around with your Crosshairs too.

David viewport cleansing.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Bethel

• BlackBox

• Dadgad

• tzframpton

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can also disable the VIEWPORT CONTROLS in the lower left corner, on your 3D Modeling Tab in Options.

I don't see a setting for that 1. It would nice to get rid of it also. -David

No doubt you have figured out how to kill the NAVCUBEDISPLAY, by setting the variable to .

I can't get this setting to stick to 0. Any ideas ?

-David

I don't see a setting for that 1. It would nice to get rid of it also. -David

Are you looking on the 3D Modeling tab? Lower left, as shown in the earlier screenshot (post #21).

When I first posted, I misstated, as I thought it was on the Display Tab, but was wrong.

I can't get this setting to stick to 0. Any ideas ?

-David

Save your settings with a new Profile name on the Profile Tab in Options.

Lot's of people prefer old tools and technology for some good reasons.

Some because they just don't like change.

Others because they have difficulty learning.

Some of these people that resist changing resort to petty insults for who knows what reason.

Well said.

Agreed -

RobDraw's perfectly stated the behavior I observe since switching from a super massive employer, to a small 10 person shop.

Not that large firms do not also suffer same on some level, but generally speaking, they inherently have a different perspective on the adoption of newer technologies than a small outfit (among other characteristics)... There's was certainly a lot less b!#%&ing when upgrades became available. Haha

Edited by BlackBox
I can haz a grammar

If you want your commandline background to be white as shown earlier, you can set that up on your Display Tab in OPTIONS, as shown in the screenshot. You can define all of the colors for the numerous different elements. Not sure, what Restore classic colors will do, might just be what you favor.

setting your commandline element colors.jpg

It is saved in the Drawing, I use ACADDOC.lsp to set Drawing sysvars.

Unfortunately, that also changes DBMOD, meaning you get prompted to save an otherwise unmodified drawing.

Although you can't control existing drawings, you can set drawing saved sysvars in your template to avoid this situation there (if desired)

I do use the status bar coordinates quite a lot.

In the original DOS releases, the status bar was at the top of the screen and hidden by popup menus when the mouse was there. -David

There are users here who still type in DDMODIFY :oops:

Guilty as charged !

For those who don't know what the interface looked like :

ddmodify.jpg

Unfortunately, that also changes DBMOD, meaning you get prompted to save an otherwise unmodified drawing.

Although you can't control existing drawings, you can set drawing saved sysvars in your template to avoid this situation there (if desired)

Not a big deal to me, I do majority of work in existing drawings not of my creation. Thumb button on mouse is enter, so I can just click away and close at the prompt.

Template is fully set up, but doesn't help with existing drawing.

I do use the status bar coordinates quite a lot.

In the original DOS releases, the status bar was at the top of the screen and hidden by popup menus when the mouse was there. -David

Same here.

... the Ribbon is very easily customizable.

Thank all that is good for AutoCAD 2009 SP3, as prior to that, the Ribbon was _NOT_ customizable at all! :facepalm:

Thank all that is good for AutoCAD 2009 SP3, as prior to that, the Ribbon was _NOT_ customizable at all! :facepalm:
Good catch BB. To clarify: the current Ribbon is very easily customizable.

;)