Windows 10 x64 and AutoCAD 2014

f700es

Just finished installing AutoCAD 2014 on my WIndows 10 (x64) laptop. This is my older AMD Athlon II x2 based unit. Under Windows 7 r2015 was a bit slow so I went back a version to see how it did on this hardware and Windows 10. So far so good. No issues what so ever installing and so far no errors when the program runs.

I upgraded my home box to Windows 10 as well but I have not had a chance to install any CAD programs yet.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BlackBox

• f700es

• ReMark

• tzframpton

Same here; I've even installed back to 2012 on Win10x64 Enterprise. :rofl:

My old Dell Inspiron laptop's integrated NIC died on me this weekend, so I'm about to install Win10x64 Enterprise on my MacBook (to remote into the office); just need a display port adapter to connect my monitor. :thumbsup:

I installed Win10 on an old Dell Laptop (Duo Core) and then AutoCAD2016. AutoCAD is working just fine for the little bit that I experimented with it. Not sure I will bother moving my newer laptop to W10 since most of the new stuff will be turned off to keep some sense of privacy.

• 3 weeks later...

I am also very pleased with the performance of Windows 10 and AutoCAD. I agree with f700es, Windows 10 is a solid release and with them constantly sending out patches and updates it will only become more stable.

If it is such a solid release why would MS have to "constantly send out patches and updates"? Those seem like conflicting statements.

Because internet security is an ever changing dynamic ;)

ReMark - Very good point.... In my opinion it is a solid release (compared to the release of Vista and hatred of Windows 8)

I had a few minor bugs that were quickly addressed with the updates that I have received. Most of the recent updates that I have seen have been security updates.

There is no such thing as Internet security. Correction... there is but it is as full of holes as a sieve. Any electronic device be it a laptop, desktop, tablet, phone, baby monitor, CCTV etc. can be hacked.

There is no such thing as Internet security. Correction... there is but it is as full of holes as a sieve. Any electronic device be it a laptop, desktop, tablet, phone, baby monitor, CCTV etc. can be hacked.

Common sense plays in too. I can count the number of viruses I have gotten on 1 hand with fingers to spare ;)

You're not as safe as you think you are.

Other than by the fact I have gotten only a few viruses over the course of my pc usage? Look, I am not saying one shouldn't be careful, use virus protection and practice common sense. Far from it.

I'm waiting to upgrade my SSD, which is dedicated for OS only, before I install Windows 10. I've heard very, very good things about it so I'm excited. Just low on cash right now is all.

I see Mark is full blown in conspiracy theory again.... ;)

You wouldn't be so glib if you read the book. Many of the "intrusions" cited in the book have been reported upon by multiple sources. Cyber security is a real concern.

I'm waiting to upgrade my SSD, which is dedicated for OS only, before I install Windows 10. I've heard very, very good things about it so I'm excited. Just low on cash right now is all.

Exactly what I did on my home PC. I installed a 256gb SSD with a clean install of Win10. It's like my PC is brand new.

Exactly what I did on my home PC. I installed a 256gb SSD with a clean install of Win10. It's like my PC is brand new.
I have a 256GB Samsung 840 Pro. I want to buy the same exact thing so I can RAID for double the size and double the speed. Half a terabyte and double the read/write speeds should bump my performance up 10x on general things.

:)