How to capture error during qsave?

vanowm

Hello.

I need save current drawing and make sure it's saved.

I'm using:

(COMMAND "qsave")

How can make sure the drawing was saved?

Thank you.

One way to see if save is successful is to use a CommandWillStart reactor to first obtain the SysTime of the drawing, then obtain it again following CommandEnded event, comparing them to see if the latter is in fact newer.

Another is to check DBMOD.

Cheers

Portion of text saved in modemacro by my acaddoc.lsp file

"$(If,$(Eq,$(Getvar,dbmod),0),,* )" 

The asterisk indicates the drawing has not been saved. Then you'll know with just a glance at the status bar.

The asterisk indicates the drawing has not been saved. Then you'll know with just a glance at the status bar.

AutoCAD's native Drawing Tabs already indicate same, next to the Drawing's name. ;)

AutoCAD's native Drawing Tabs already indicate same, next to the Drawing's name. ;)

Handy as they are I'm still not ready to give up screen space for them yet. I added the Switch Windows ribbon element to my QAT to make switching drawings easy without using any drawing space.

Unfortunately that is wrong. That was the intent, but you CANNOT rely on this (at least in 2015, I have not tested 2016).
Also, with multiple unsaved open drawings, run the SAVEALL command.

All of the drawings do get SAVED, but the asterisk still shows on all the tabs.

Guess it's good that I still use 3rd party Drawing Tab apps. :rofl: :notworthy:

Handy as they are I'm still not ready to give up screen space for them yet. I added the Switch Windows ribbon element to my QAT to make switching drawings easy without using any drawing space.

No worries; to each their own. :beer:

OP shows AutoCAD 2002, no native drawing tabs.

So what?

I didn't respond to OP. :nono:

Also, with multiple unsaved open drawings, run the SAVEALL command.

All of the drawings do get SAVED, but the asterisk still shows on all the tabs.

Separately, have you already logged this as a Problem Report 'you know where'?

If not, I've got some I need to log, and will add it to my list; referencing your earlier linked thread.

Cheers

Separately, have you already logged this as a Problem Report 'you know where'?

A year ago, yes. I would like to think that is why it appears to be fixed in 2016... :geek:

I have not reported the SAVEALL bug yet.

A year ago, yes. I would like to think that is why it appears to be fixed in 2016... :geek:

I have not reported the SAVEALL bug yet.

No worries; if/when you do, post a normal thread with a link, so we can confirm/vote?

tombu was! :danger:

... And? Haha o:)

When you re-read the posts, you'll see that tombu didn't mention native Drawing Tabs (I did :geek:), and instead posted a helpful hint at using MODEMACRO. :thumbsup:

... And? Haha o:)

When you re-read the posts, you'll see that tombu didn't mention native Drawing Tabs (I did :geek:), and instead posted a helpful hint at using MODEMACRO. :thumbsup:

You indicate through your comments, the code posted by tombu, was of no use to the OP due to the feature being a function of Drawing Tabs. At least that's the way it appears to me. :thumbsup:

Maybe you need to reread the posts? :thumbsup:

You indicate through your comments, the code posted by tombu, was of no use to the OP due to the feature being a function of Drawing Tabs. At least that's the way it appears to me. :thumbsup:

Maybe you need to reread the posts? :thumbsup:

Correct; I singularly offered native Drawing Tabs, which as you point out does not apply to OP - hence your confusion of tombu's MODEMACRO offering to OP.

Respectfully, your re-reading, quoting, and colorizing the comments is useless, if you're not also going to accomplish the implicit task of understanding them. :thumbsup:

So to recap - Tombu's offering will work for, and was directed at OP... My reply to tombu suggesting native Drawing Tabs is both not applicable to OP, and has intermittent undesirable behavior prior to 2016 (as RK later pointed out)... And your response that native Drawing Tabs does not apply to OP should _not_ have been directed at tombu as you subsequently stated, given the obvious fact that poor tombu had nothing to do with native Drawing Tabs aspect of this thread aside from your insistence - which is clearly misplaced, to be diplomatic.

Now that we've redundantly ironed out what my seven year old niece could have understood the first time through, perhaps we can move on?

Cheers

I'm not confused at all, but you seem to be. I did not direct anything at tombu, you did. I simply stated YOUR mention of Drawing Tabs had nothing to do with the OP, that has AutoCAD 2002.

I did not quote anyone.

Time for your rudeness to stop!

My 2¢

tombu suggested how to put an asterisk in the status bar for an unsaved drawing.

blackbox said "Hey, the drawing tabs already do this"

I replied that the asterisk on the tabs is not reliable

tomba said he doesn't really want to give up the screen real estate to use the tabs.

I wish the vBulletin forums visually showed the thread hierarchy, because it would look like this:

tombu suggested how to put an asterisk in the status bar for an unsaved drawing.

++ blackbox said "Hey, the drawing tabs already do this"

++++ I replied that the asterisk on the tabs is not reliable

++++ tomba said he doesn't really want to give up the screen real estate to use the tabs.

...and then it would be clear that the messages below tomba's original post were a separate (but related) conversation, and not to be confused with direct replies to the OP.

Edited by rkmcswain
editing outline spacing